Cuckoo International (MAL) Sdn Bhd (“CUCKOO”) is committed to conduct its business with integrity.
In line with that commitment, CUCKOO has developed its No Gift Policy Guidelines (“Guidelines”). As a customer or vendor, supplier, and contractor (collectively known as “Service provider”) CUCKOO, you are obliged to comply with the terms of this documents for any activities involving you and CUCKOO.
1. CUCKOO condemns any form of bribery or corruption. Customer and Service Provider shall take all necessary measures to prevent corrupt practices in the dealing with CUCKOO.
2. In addition, customer and Service Provider shall not, at all times: –
- (a) offer or provide, directly or through any intermediaries, any bribe, gift, reward, consideration, favour or any other advantage, whether material or immaterial (“Advantages”) to any representative of CUCKOO for the purpose of: –
- (i) influencing them to act contrary to CUCKOO’s interest; or
- (ii) obtaining or rewarding favourable treatment by CUCKOO with respect to the terms, conditions, price, or performance of a contract.
- (b) offer or provide Advantages which might be considered a bribe under international legislation, to a government official, either in Malaysia or any other country.
- (c) collude with other parties to preclude or compromise dealings with CUCKOO. The customers and Service Provider also undertake to report to CUCKOO, through its official reporting channels stipulated below, any such attempts made by others to involve the customer and Service Provider in acts of collusion against CUCKOO.
- (d) instigate third parties to perform actions pertaining to the above.
3. Customers and Service Provider will ensure that all their employees, sub-contractors or agents are aware of and comply with the provisions in this document.
4. Customers and Service Provider shall ensure that they adhere to the following-
- • Any gift must be unsolicited and not affect, or be perceived as affecting, business judgment. Gifts should only be offered to and received in connection with a customary business or cultural occasion. Cash, loans, kickbacks or the equivalent advantages are absolutely prohibited.
- • Gifts must not exceed RM150 and in any event, must not occur more than 3 times a year with the same person.
- • No gift shall be given to government officials on CUCKOO’s behalf.
- Hospitality (meals and entertainment)
- • Hospitality must be unsolicited and not effect or be perceived as affecting business judgment. Meals and entertainment should only be offered to and received from CUCKOO representative dealing with customer or Service Provider in their role in CUCKOO, is for purposes supported by CUCKOO and may only be offered in conjunction with legitimate business meetings, conferences or events hosted, supported or sponsored by CUCKOO. They may never be provided on a stand-alone basis.
- • Meal and hospitality must not exceed RM150 (for non-management), RM250 (for managers and executive), RM350 (for senior managers and above) and in any event, must not occur more than 3 times a year with the same person.
All requests must be made by well-established organisations on their official letterhead to CUCKOO’s regardless of value.
Must never make or use third parties to make an unofficial payment in order to secure or expedite routine administrative actions, such as customs clearances, visas, permits or licenses.
If you receive a request for a facilitation payment, you must immediately report such request to CUCKOO.
Please report any suspected instances of corruption or attempted corruption in matters or dealings relating to CUCKOO and its employees so that CUCKOO may take steps to address this urgently via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Compliance Dept will only deal with the complaints regarding to corruption and bribery(“Category”) by 3rd party to internal staffs. Other email that sent in to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org which is not under this Category shall not be entertained by compliance.